**Settings and MOD suggestions**

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
This thread is for suggestions on any improvements we can make to the Space Engineers server. This can include MOD additions, and any server side settings that can be altered. Keep in mind that any new mods COULD have a negative impact on server stability, and if we do choose to install any more mods we will be very selective based on the mods level of support.

Current Setting/MODs are listed on THIS PAGE.

Last edited:

DarkkSkyrow

Staff
Revenant Member
SE Admin
Hello engineers! welcome to space engineers mod suggestion thread. Here you can leave suggestions for mods that you would like to see in the game! Please leave any suggestions that you may want to see. Keep careful consideration of when the last time a mod was updated as we may not consider mods that have not been updated in the previous months or years prior to Last major update to SE. We want to make sure that everyone can have an enjoyable experience here but also make sure that the server remains stable with the mods we implement. Also please leave the name of the mod and a link to it down below. :)

Thank you again!
-SE Admin-

Last edited:
My main request, one that would make me infinitely happier, is to simply increase storage space back to the previous server's levels.

Please? Pretty please?

4000 personal inventory at a minimum. Right now it's just too much micromanagement. :(

Mr___energy

Revenant Member
Some thing I noticed while dying on the server that there is no way to choose a spawn point anymore and that would be nice again some how

Mr___energy

Revenant Member
Also a mod that I’d like to see is a compass bearing hud as well as the simple letter mod for details

Silent_Steel

Staff
Staff member
Revenant Member
SE Admin
Supporter
I would like to see the settings for cargo ships and drones turned on.... that way I can die 100 times trying to capture a npc's ship.... who's with me?

I've used that economy mod before. It's a trip to setup but once you get past the walkthrough it's super easy to maintain. I'd love to see that mod on here.

DarkkSkyrow

Staff
Revenant Member
SE Admin
I've used that economy mod before. It's a trip to setup but once you get past the walkthrough it's super easy to maintain. I'd love to see that mod on here.
Iv been messing around with it a bit and it's not all that bad to set up once you get passed the initial learning steps. it's very simple. I hope once sip posts a pole for mods that this one gets voted in.

Vorg

BuildInfo:

Enhanced Cockpit Concept Revival:
This will become less useful as scripters update their scripts to use the new build in cockpit LCD's.

More Conveyors:
I like the thin small grid conveyor. I'm also thinking now as I plan to hollow out this roid, the long conveyors would be useful in checking the thickness of the asteroid wall. Besides the fact that stacking conveyors into single blocks are claimed to reduce server load by reducing part count.

Nanobot Build and Repair System:
(This looks real interesting for printing and repairing though I think it needs a way to limit to 1 per person.

Airlock door:

A clear camera mod. There are many out there. So hard to see as it is in space without any ambient lighting.

Been looking through the workshop for a hallway pack. not much there that looks any good:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=827107988
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1087423713
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1605982958

Last edited:

Kenny

Bronze Donor
I would LOVE to have much much much bigger hanger doors. 4 blocks wide is not near as big as I want. I want to build inside my closed facility large block ships and move them out when complete.

Payne Couliard

Revenant Member
Supporter
Heya Sip, Dark and Cookie. Looking at a mod that may help reduce server load a bit and be enjoyable by some of the community. These airlock doors take up one block only and would reduce server load by making the auto airlock script unnecessary in most cases. I know you guys are busy, so I appreciate the consideration.
Thanks again,
Payne

Mr___energy

Revenant Member
Heya Sip, Dark and Cookie. Looking at a mod that may help reduce server load a bit and be enjoyable by some of the community. These airlock doors take up one block only and would reduce server load by making the auto airlock script unnecessary in most cases. I know you guys are busy, so I appreciate the consideration.
Thanks again,
Payne
Its a awesome mod i found it on a blue print and thought it would be nice cause its unlocked with Doors and uses the same amount of PCU as the regular doors and it has two forms one its the normal straight though way and the second is a corner door that either leads out to the left or right

DarkkSkyrow

Staff
Revenant Member
SE Admin
Global warming is real... Lets do what we can.
I think the vanilla panels now are:
large grid: 120 kW
Small grid: 30 kW

This mod raises it to:
large grid: 500 kW
Small grid: 250kW

If you don't like these numbers, we could try to get Isy to make us a customized one. He has a few options on his workshop page.
This one i am very skeptical on because that is a MASSIVE jump in power for a solar panel, me personally (for balancing) i would considered something along the lines of 330kw per-panel

I've got a suggestion for a mod I've used for a long time: conveyor hinges. Not sure how many of you have used it but it opens up opportunity to new styles of creations and adds new flexibility... Literally to some builds.

Pros: it allows for easier less complex ways to angle blocks as you wish alternative to rotors but is a conveyor piece so can also act as a adjustable conveyor tube. From my experience is more stable than rotors as well.

Possible cons: it basically acts like a rotor with a 180 degree limit. So not sure what effect if any it'll have on server. Or if it can have a limit enacted on it.

I defo recommend you check it out and play with it on your solo world's regardless, it can be usful and fun to use.