NEW PC WOOOO

Processor: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) overclocked to 4.0 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-E (Intel Z97 Chipset)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Power Supply: 600W Corsair CX
Graphics Card: ASUS stryix GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Runs fantastic and is quiet as a mouse!

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Nice, May I ask though. What's the reason behind overclocking? Not that it's added stress. But it can/will affect things like power usage and heat. Do you run applications that your maxing out 3.5 ghz on a quad core?

ManBearPig

Forum Guru
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Nice dude! I also just built a pc with the i5 (not overclocked) and the 970. As well as the Z97 AS Rock, Great graphics, performance and runs really cool. No problems so far, love it

well it came overclocked out of the box. but the reason behind it. is cause since i play arma 3 and dayz and stuff like that which requires alot of calculations and shizz why you are playing and some random explosion happens i dont wanna drops frames, its nice to have the extra horse power if you need it. As for parts getting burnt up the devils canyon version of the I5 is designed to be overclocked and i run a pre built watercooler on it so heat isn't a issue.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Arma 3 and Dayz are not CPU hogs by nature, they are just not optimized correctly. This has been covered a ton of times. But I agree never hurts to have a few extra clocks.

Why 1600Mhz ram though, sounds like a bottleneck
honestly you will run into cpu bottle necks before you run into RAM bottle necks when gaming. I don't render video so i am fine in that department.
is a good example as to why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arma 3 and Dayz are not CPU hogs by nature, they are just not optimized correctly. This has been covered a ton of times. But I agree never hurts to have a few extra clocks.
And yes i know they arnt by nature. But if you are playing on massive servers with 100 people and half of them are in the same town. (referring to altis life) it does get CPU heavy.