Any rust players?

Hey guys just curious if we have any rust players in the community. Some buddies and me play quite a lot and are always looking for more people to add to our group. Strength in numbers!

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
You know I know a lot of people play it, I've seen videos on it. But I have yet to hear decent comments about it. It's got the shelter thing going for it though. That being said, Dayz has my survival pot filled.

Okay its less a survival game and more of a band together and build your kingdom kind of mind set. It's a much smaller map than dayz so player interaction is more frequent and dying isn't as punishing. Which for the hardcore survivor might be a reason to turn away from it. But idk it is nice to join a server with a bunch of people you trust and build your community and become one of three types of groups. Bandits, hero's, or the people that try and keep the balance on the server. And if you are looking for a challenge then you should try it out for sure, cause the gun play is VERY hard to get use to, none of that auto aim and such. If you got 20 bucks to spend i would highly recommend this especially for the amount of enjoyment you get out of it. There is nothing better then running around and all the sudden you run across and group of naked people marching to rave music lol.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
lol Yea i've seen the videos, however with the removal of zombies, it just sounds like a Non Voxel Minecraft with guns. However if it was easy to run a server we could think about setting something up for REV, I personally however can't justify the 20 bucks.

they didn't remove the zombies. they just changed them to stray away from them before people got to use to them. they are going to replace them with something in the future mercs, mutants, etc. right now they are just re skinned wolfs and bears. lol hey you bought dayz. this game has regular updates and new content all the time. its more modular while building.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
they didn't remove the zombies. they just changed them to stray away from them before people got to use to them. they are going to replace them with something in the future mercs, mutants, etc. right now they are just re skinned wolfs and bears. lol hey you bought dayz. this game has regular updates and new content all the time. its more modular while building.

To me, Dayz has had less time since release compared to Rust. Where Rust has had a lot of time to publish and fix stuff that they haven't. But to each it's own. I think Dayz is more polished and the bigger world appeals to me. Plus Dayz's Future features > then Rust's features. Plus : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-07-all-zombies-have-been-removed-from-rust , has there been a update from that?

yeah there has been several updates sense the removal of zombies. dayz SA and rust went public around the same time before christmas cause i got dayz and rust off steam on the same day. im just saying dont knock it before you try it.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Fair enough, but like I said, unless this game goes nearly F2P, I don't see myself having the time or wanting to spend money on another Survival game.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Lol, That's why I said Nearly, maybe we'll see a Summer sale for it.

hmmm i can see if i can get a loyal group of admins together. that is the biggest seller in rust. fair/active admins, due to hackers and such.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I currently have someone who is willing to head up EU Rust Division. We will be seeing details shortly.

N

NSH4RPY

Its been burried :O, anyone still play this now theyve remade it?