Enable Floating Damage Text?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darkele

Recruiting
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Hey all, I am curious if anyone else would like to have damage numbers enabled on the server? I know on pvp servers it is diabled because of base turrets and causeing huge lag from the numbers, but this request is for the Ragnarok PVE server :) anyone else have thoughts on this? I just think it would be neat to see dmg :D

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Hey all, I am curious if anyone else would like to have damage numbers enabled on the server? I know on pvp servers it is diabled because of base turrets and causeing huge lag from the numbers, but this request is for the Ragnarok PVE server :) anyone else have thoughts on this? I just think it would be neat to see dmg :D
I too, would be interested in this for both PvE servers. Not sure just how much lag will result, but maybe worth a try.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
We can look into this. Is this something we have general interest in? Do we know about the Ark Training Dummy? That covered my needs. But as always if we have enough interest in it we can look at making a change. :)

Ellium

WoW Officer
Staff member
Officer
WoW Team
I am for this change. It would be nice to see, and be able to judge the damage being done by dinos and weapons that we are using. It would give us a better way to scale what we are doing or know where the break points are for how many points need to be placed into melee for a specific breed to get the desired result.

Ellium

WoW Officer
Staff member
Officer
WoW Team
Bump. Are we still considering this? I know that Dark and myself have been trying to push this change so that we can judge damage during boss fights in the near future.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
If we can get enough players behind a change i will consider making it. So far I haven't seen quite enough interest in this.

Ellium

WoW Officer
Staff member
Officer
WoW Team
As stated on the previous mod request, forum traffic dictates responses. We have asked those active players that we have seen on our servers and most support these additions, or don't care if they are implemented.

Not sure what can be done to show that.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
All we can do to show that is have those players take the time to say so here. This way I'll have no questions about where folks sit on the idea.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
So after reviewing the setting i have one major issue.

Once this setting is enabled it cannot be toggled with in-game settings. This means it is enabled for everyone whether they want to see it or not.

Edit: Also can potentially cause Lag, AND this will inadvertently make it easy to spot other players (concerning mostly PvPvE Island).

Im still not sure why the Ark Training Dummy cant be used.

BUT if we can get this option to pass a 75% majority vote I will enable for both the Ragnarok PvE, and Island PvPvE.

Last edited: